Thursday, March 25, 2010

New Hobbies....

So in January, I began a new hobby - photography. I bought a digital DSL camera and enrolled in a basic photography class at Algonquin college. My interest in photography has been long standing and I was interested in learning how to take more creative photo's of Ewan for his scrapbook (another hobby that I would also like to dedicate more time to). I have to give photographer's a lot of credit - it is a difficult hobby to take up. There are so many aspects to taking good pictures - the composition, lighting, focus, shutter speed and apertures - there is a lot to take into account!

Although I am very much enjoying my Thursday evenings out on my own and meeting new people with similar interests - and getting my Starbuck's to sip on during class (this may in fact be my favorite part!), I do not think I was cut out to be a professional photographer! It was going to be my next career, but I do not think I have the patience. I do feel that it was a useful skill to learn and I must say that my photos have improved. But I do still like to simply point and shoot!

The next hobby that I am planning on starting is gardening. Now that I have a backyard, I would like to do some landscaping. I just bought a new gardening how-to book - how hard can it be? I have already planted herbs and several veggie seeds in little green houses and as of today some have started to sprout! Now I just need to build a raised garden rock wall and get the plants in there. No problem, right? Any tips would be appreciated - I hope I am not getting in over my head!

2 comments:

  1. Oops, the teacher just caught me writing my blog in class...just like highschool all over again...

    ReplyDelete