Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

I would like to wish everyone a very happy New Year and I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday spending time with family and friends. I also want to thank all of the families of the Nursery School students who came to the Holiday concert. The children had worked so hard to prepare and they all did such a great job! And it was amazing to see how many people came out to see them perform. I also want to thank everyone for all of the generous and thoughtful teacher gifts.

Over the holiday I have had a wonderful time catching up with family members and friends that I had not seen in some time. Ewan was very excited about all of the parties and seeing so much family, however, he was not excited about opening gifts - something I had not anticapated. He opened one gift on Christmas Eve and then refused to open any more! He was very grateful and played with everything once we opened it - he was just not interested in opening the gifts himself.

It has been some time since I posted and to be honest since the craziness of Christmas has been over, I am happy to admit that I really have not done anything! And it has been amazing! Ewan has unfortunately been sick with a bad cold, but it has given us another reason to have 3 pyjama days in a row.

Now I have made a few trips into A Gym Tale and it has also been great to see some familiar faces in the camp program and visiting for Drop-In Play. Alan, Ewan and I also spent our New Year's Eve at A Gym Tale doing our annual Sleepover event and are happy to say that it was another successful night and we saw lots of 'old' friends as well as many new faces this year. Ewan could not actually believe that he was sleeping at A Gym Tale and loved getting up in the morning and going directly to play on the indoor playground! As for me, sleeping at A Gym Tale while 35 weeks pregnant was not so comfortable and the yellow crash mat was not as supportive as I remembered it to be! But I have since recovered and I still have a few more days before back to work.

So again Happy New Year and I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of the Holiday Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment