Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to School is around the corner!

I am slowly getting my mind back in to work mode and preparing for the start of the Before and After School program as well as the Nursery School program. As I am reviewing last year's program and adding in some new themes and activities, I thought I would repost a few of my blog posts from last summer that highlighted the ideas and philosophies that we use to guide our Nursery School program.

This post highlights our basic goals for the Nursery School program and discusses how we strive to foster independence as well as instilling a sense of capability and confidence, increasing attention and involvement with activities and promoting social interactions and friendships.

Another post discussing separation anxiety and ways to help ease our children into new programs has also had some wonderful reminders that I need to use myself with Ewan beginning school in two weeks.

Reading, writing, and art are some of my favourite topics with regards to early childhood education and these posts will highlight how we encourage children in these areas and some ideas for you to try at home as well. Ewan, Isla and I have spent a lot of time exploring new literature this summer and I am very excited about a post that I am currently writing with some really wonderful stories to share with your children.

If you are looking for a program for your preschooler this Fall, A Gym Tale does have 2 spaces remaining in the afternoon Nursery School program. Please do not hesitate to email or call with any questions.

I hope everyone enjoys the last weeks of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment