Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Happiest and Saddest Day of the Year

 The Happiest and Saddest Day of the Year

I have not been feeling well lately - that's always the way when you finally get some time off, and I have been too busy to post recently, so my wonderful husband is writing this post for me as I narrate - that's why it is written so well... Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!!

Last week A Gym Tale's Nursery School Program hosted its fifth annual graduation ceremony for all of our students. It was the largest turnout EVER! Moms, Dad, Grandparents and sibling filled the centre to watch a memorable performance and to see the happy graduates be presented with their graduation certificates.

It's so cute to see how seriously they all take themselves when I call their names. They peek up at the crowd, stand up quietly and cross the floor to where I am waiting with the certificate. They beam with pride as they shake my hand (just the way we've practiced).

Lindsey, Katie, Chrissy and I have watched these kids grow for ten months. We've formed attachments to them. We pride ourselves of the work we do with them. Therefore, while this was such a wonderful experience to see our students demonstrate what they had learned for their families, it is always the saddest day of the year. We will miss all of our friends dearly over the summer.

Likewise, a wonderful year has also come to an end for our Before- and After-School Program. The program was re-vamped this year by Lindsey and Katie and was a resounding success. My mornings were earlier this year with my friends from Barrhaven Public, but they were also very relaxied and entertaining with such a wonderful group of students all year.

Meanwhile, Sleeping Beauty has also been making house calls recently. Over literacy week, she visited Jockvale Public School's library and met lots of new friends. Spider-Man, Batman and Wolverine have also been very busy at schools, parties and outdoor events. I wonder if Ewan will grow up thinking his parents are a real Princess and Superhero???

I am looking forward this summer to some extra time off with the Boy. Speaking of whom, in my next post, I will be listing some of the awesome fun super duper activities that I have planned for the two of us while my husband slaves away in the office and while my incredible staff run the most fantastic and entertaining camps for our friends in the community. Should be a Blast!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog post Lindsay (and Alan!) ... enjoy your time off with Ewan this summer.

    ReplyDelete