Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Book Recommendation & Lecture this week

Just a quick update about a lecture taking place this Friday evening by the author of Simplicity Parenting -  Kim John Payne. If you have not had the chance to read this book, I highly recommend it. It is definitely once of the most helpful 'parenting' books that I have read and I have really put many of the practices into place in both my home and the Nursery School program at A Gym Tale. The author emphasizes finding balance and rhythm in children's lives as well as de-cluttering the amount and types of toys that children have available to them at any one time. This book was an easy read and I found the suggestions were very applicable to real life and offered reminders of ways to simplify to make even the most hectic schedule more child friendly.

I will be going to the lecture this Friday - I have never actually attended something like this before, so I am very intrigued to see what it will be like. I do look forward to gaining a few new tools and ideas for both my home and A Gym Tale. Click here for more details on the lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment